Welcome to Coastal Women's Forum. CWF (Coastal Women's Forum) is an organization that provides women with business and professional networking opportunities. With monthly meetings offering dinner or lunch venues, we can accommodate busy schedules. Dinner and lunch programs offer a variety of speakers on local and regional interests. We promote self-development through our programs, presentations and discussions on business related topics.
Coastal Women’s Forum provides an opportunity for business and professional women to meet periodically to enjoy, learn from, and support one another. The group promotes self-development through networking and enhancement of business and professional acumen among women in this community through programs, presentations, discussions on business and related topics, and via personal contacts. Members are career women and women who have been involved in or anticipate a career in business, professional, or public life.
The Coastal Women’s Forum is proud to offer one $2,000 scholarship award for a female high school senior graduating in the spring of 2014. Coastal Women’s Forum (CWF), a non-profit women’s organization formed in 1987 in New Bern, NC that promotes self-development through networking, encouragement and education. This academic scholarship is a way to support the next generation of women in New Bern and encourage their education.
Deadline for submitting an application is March 14, 2014. Return completed applications to the Coastal Women’s Forum Scholarship Committee. The winner will be announced in May, 2014.
Click here for the application and be sure to complete all questions. The three essays should be typed, double-spaced with your name placed at the bottom of each. Grammar, spelling and writing skills will be considered. The listing of Student Activities, Community Activities, Special Recognition, Awards & Honors and Work Experience should be typed as well. Attach all materials to the cover sheet of the application.
1. Be a female resident of Craven County, graduating from high school in 2014.
2. Have a G.P.A. of 3.2 or higher.
3. Submit a completed application to the CWF Scholarship Committee no later than March 14, 2014. Applications must be received no later than 5pm.
Check shall be made payable to student for discretionary college expenses. The student isresponsible for any tax consequences as determined by IRS guidelines for the use of thescholarship award.
1. Complete application on the following pages and include an Official High School Transcript dated after the completion of the 1st semester of your Senior Year.
2. Submit two (2) letters of recommendations.
3. Include a recent wallet size photo.
4. Send your application to the CWF Scholarship Committee on or before March 14, 2014, 5 pm. No late or incomplete entries will be considered.
5. Scholarship recipients will be determined by the Coastal Women’s Forum Scholarship Committee, and will be announced in May, 2014.
This year instead of having the Trade Show we are having a Trade Share instead. The idea is to provide members with an opportunity to get to meet, talk with, and share business contacts and ideas with each other.
PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS
come ready to share information about your business or interest
plan to connect with members you have not had a chance to talk with
link up others who may benefit from collaboration
More details will follow, but until then, please contact your President, Tanya Roberts with any questions you have. We are excited to have this new event this year, offer a real networking meeting, and return to our Annual Trade Show in April 2015!
Take full advantage of the website, directory and your membership. It only takes a moment to reate your personal account if you haven't alread done so. Let's do it today!
Registration for Members: 1. Click Sign In in the top right hand corner under the button that says Join Group. (If you received this email, you are an active member and are already in our database so do NOT click Join Group)
2. A small sign-in window will pop up. If you don't already have a password click on the link Create an Account to come to a new page.
3. Fill out the form with your name and using the email address that this email was sent to (this is important!) in order to create your private account by setting a password. This is your personal password so please make sure you can remember it. If you use a different email address to register you will create a duplicate account and won't be able to access the information already added to your profile. If you need to change the email address you can do that once you are logged in.
4. You will be asked to confirm your email address and finalize the registration process by checking your email and clicking the link provided.
5. You will now be able to access the member directory and your personal profile. You can edit your personal information, add a photo and browse other member's profiles and all other pages on our new site.
From now on you will be able to make your meeting registrations directly through our website, view our calendar of events, browse our photo gallery, and make your annual membership payment safely and quickly by credit card through PayPal. All in one place!
If you are a brand new member and would like to join, please do so by clicking JOIN GROUP and follow the instructions. We are happy to have you!
Keep in mind that this is a new process for all of us and we are doing our best to make it as efficient and easy for everyone. If you run into any problems or have questions let us know by sending an email to CoastalWomensForum+Admins@groupspaces.com. One of our website administrators will get back to you as soon as possible.